Introducing SoftNAS® UltraFast™
SoftNAS® UltraFast™ is a software-based virtual appliance that provides intelligent, self-tuning data acceleration designed to address the real-world problems preventing broader cloud adoption: latency, congestion, poor QoS, and slow data replication, without changing the applications, networking, or storage systems.
Features and Benefits
SoftNAS® UltraFast™ provides:
- All the traditional benefits of SoftNAS®
- Improved WAN link utilization up to 16 times over TCP alone, with 95% link efficiency: Overcome bandwidth degradation due to high round trip transfers over large geographic distances and packet losses from multiple routers (based on 1-4 GB file sizes across high quality networks (<0.1% packet loss))
- Increased bulk data transfer rate by up to 5 times: Speed transfers by up to 5 times (based on 1-4 GB file sizes across high quality networks (<0.1% packet loss)).
- Scheduled bandwidth throttling: Automatically regulate and prioritize network traffic and performance according to administrator-defined bandwidth limits and schedules.
SoftNAS® UltraFast™ allows you to:
- Migrate data to the cloud: Optimize data streams for large-scale data transfers between geographically dispersed IT environments.
- Replicate data for disaster recovery: Replicate data to the cloud for cost-effective fail over.
- Integrate islands of data: Quickly transfer data among remote office, factories and corporate for big data analytics.
- Leverage existing environment: Work with existing applications, storage (hardware and software) and networks to improve network efficiency without additional hardware.