The primary consideration for determining which SoftNAS AMI is right for you is usage. Each version of SoftNAS Cloud® provides an enterprise-class, full-featured cloud NAS filer. However, the amount of storage supported is dependent on the version/license selected.
In the AWS Marketplace, you are provided with the following options:
- SoftNAS Cloud Developer Edition - The full capabilities of SoftNAS Cloud NAS for free up to 250 gigabytes.
- SoftNAS Cloud Essentials Edition - SoftNAS Cloud® Essentials edition provides files services for object storage, lowering the overall storage cost of “cool” secondary data for cloud backup storage, disaster recovery and archives all with dedicated and predictable high performance.
- SoftNAS Cloud Enterprise Edition - SoftNAS Cloud® Enterprise edition is a software-defined, full-featured enterprise cloud NAS filer for primary data using either block, object or both types of storage.
- SoftNAS Cloud Platinum Edition - SoftNAS Cloud® Platinum is an integrated global cloud data platform, combining a software-defined, enterprise-class NAS virtual storage appliance; high-speed data transfer up to 20x faster accelerating data migrations, backups and data movement; and data integration/replication for IT to manage and control data centrally. Customers save time and money while increasing efficiency.
- SoftNAS Cloud Consumption Based (Regional) – unlimited storage, pricing based on consumption.
SoftNAS does offer unlimited licenses for larger storage requirements, but these require the purchase of a BYOL (Bring Your Own License) version by contacting SoftNAS’ sales team.
From the Marketplace
To select your AMI from the AWS Marketplace, go to https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace and log into your AWS account.
Type SoftNAS in the search bar, and perform the search.
Select the desired AMI from the list presented, based on the guidance provided at the top of this page.
Once your selection is made, click Continue to Subscribe.
Click Continue to Configuration.
Next, configure the software.
- Keep the default Fullfillment Option 64-bit AMI selection.
- Select the latest version. This should be the default selection.
- Select the region you wish your instance to reside in.
Click Continue to Launch once your selections are made.
Select Launch through EC2 (NOT Launch from website) and click Launch.
Upon clicking Launch, you will be taken to step 2 of the Launch Instance Wizard, choosing an instance type (size). The creation and initial configuration of your instance is continued in AWS Getting Started - Creating Your Instance.