- Size – What performance characteristics do you require? A great deal of RAM to handle large-scale data storage? Processing power (vCPU) to handle encryption or compression?
- Storage – What performance characteristics do you require from your storage? Is it an infrequently accessed archive? Is it a database serving a demanding application?
- Network/Throughput – do you require a great deal of throughput? Does your use case require constant and immediate access to the data in question?
- Security – Should data be encrypted? Do you wish to restrict access to a specific IP or IP range? What traffic do you wish to allow?
- Type of High Availability - Will you be leveraging SoftNAS' standard SNAP HA functionality, or is this an object storage configuration for which Dual Controller HA is the best option? See AWS Getting Started: Choosing your HA Solution for more information.