- Once an AWS account has been created, log on to Amazon EC2 and navigate to EC2 Dashboard.
- Create Instance from the Launch Instance item that appears on the Dashboard as well as the Instances page.
Note: The active region is visible in the Amazon Header menu next to the access email address. This can be changed to create servers in different regions, but keep in mind budgeted subscription costs and data usage fees. Also consider permissions for different user levels at this stage.
From the menu on the left, click AWS Marketplace and search for SoftNAS.
Note: SoftNAS Cloud® supports two different virtualization types, either paravirtual (PV) or hardware virtual machine (HVM, required for Enhanced Network Support, recommended) on General Use or Enterprise Level. Choose the instance type that supports predicted network requirements.
Note: Prices and version levels may have changed.
Select the version that most accurately fits the needs of deployment. Click Next.
3. Choose an Instance Type
Tick Select the Instance instance size that best fits the expected environment. For assistance in determining the correct size for your deployment, see SoftNAS' sizing tool. Then click Next: Configure Instance Details.
Note: At any point past this screen, skip to Review and Launch to accept the default settings for the rest of the option screens.
- Click Instances in the left panel.
All the instances in the region will be displayed.
- Select the instance for whose which details are to be viewed.
The details of that instance will be displayed at the bottom of the screen in different tabs.
- The Description tab shows all the basic and general information of the instance.
- The Status Checks tab displays the information on system status checks and instance status checks. Status Check Alarms are created from here:
Status Checks & Alarms
- The Monitoring tab displays all the CloudWatch alarm and metrics in graph format.
- The Tags tab will show all the tags that are associated with the instance. Add, edit or remove tags in this area.