Enter the IP address, username and password for the target node.
Once the appropriate information is entered, you need to select Verify login to assure credentials entered for the target node are correct. If login is successful, the Next button in the lower right will become active. Select Next and Lift and Shift will begin setting up the communication between the Source and Target.
Note: If the login fails after selecting Next, the credentials for the “cloud connection” needs need to be checked.
Note: This process will take several minutes so be patient. If the process takes over 5 minutes without completing, it is a good idea to double-check your 9443 and 8081 firewall or security group settings for both the Source and Target and make sure they are correct.
Next, you will specify the volumes to be "lifted" as well as the target to which the volumes will be "shifted".
- Select the type of disk you wish to create, based on the target instance type.
- Enter the required account credentials (or storage account credentials for Azure) you want to use.
- Enter in the size of the disk(s) and number you want to create on the Target.
Note: It is recommended you increase the size of the target disk devices by 20% to ensure adequate space for any overhead.
Helpful Hint: Before you select Create, go to the Target and make sure you have enough disk resources available to build the number of drives you have specified.
- After you target disk(s) have been created, select Target Pools to create the pools to use on the target node. Enter the Pool name, then select and add the newly created disks.
- Select Target Volumes to proceed to creating the actual volumes on the Target.
- Enter the Volume name and select the magnifying glass to get a list of the available Storage Pools.
- Enter the type of volume as well as other volume options you may want on the Target.
Select Create to create the Target Volume and Next to proceed to Step 5.
Having specified the pools and volumes to be shifted, and configured the target node to receive the data, it is now time to verify the operation is properly configured. Simply click Verify to test your configuration.
If properly configured, you will see "passed" in the status column. You can now click Finish. The Lift and Shift configuration should now be complete.
All that remains is to run the operation. Click Verify Config to perform a final validation.
Finally, click Start Data Flow to begin the Lift and Shift operation.
Lift and Shift to a Target configured with HA