- Collect the credentials via reference email received after signing up with SoftNAS. Alternatively, log in to the SoftNAS Customer Portal and find a pre-assigned license key there.
- Log in to SoftNAS StorageCenter.
- From the Getting Started Helper tab, click step 4: Activate License Key and click Configure Now. Alternatively, simply click on the Licensing category in the Storage Administration Menu.
A License Warning will pop up, encouraging a Static IP for the network. This may be completed as is convenient.
- Refer to the email received after initial login and download with the License Key and License Owner credentials. Enter these values into the appropriate fields.
Note: Copy/Pasting the string from one medium to another is the best way to avoid data entry errors.
- To move a SoftNAS Cloud® license to a different machine. please contact our support team. We will help with deactivating an old license and activating it on a new machine.
- If using SnapReplicate between two SoftNAS Cloud® nodes, then a unique license key must be purchased for each node. In the Storage Administration pane, expand Settings to find Licensing.
- Click Activate New License.
The license is activated.