Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- Log on to SoftNAS StorageCenter.
- In the Left Navigation Pane, select the Disk Devices option under the Storage section.
The Disk Devices panel will be displayed.
- Disk devices must be partitioned prior to use. The available devices are listed in the Available Devices grid, as shown above.
Device Usage - indicates the current status of the device, which can be:
- Device needs partition - the initial state for a new device that has no partition
- Available to assign - the device is partitioned and ready for use in a storage pool
- Used in pool <poolname> - the device is in use by the indicated storage pool name
Use the buttons on the toolbar to partition the devices for initial use.
- Use Partition All to partition all disk devices.
- Alternatively, select each disk device, then use Create Partition to partition a device individually.
Remove Partition can be used to remove an existing partition that is no longer needed.