In Amazon Web Services, it is possible to set up Consistent Backup and Restore. To do so, perform the following steps:
- In order to configure consistent backup and restore within SoftNAS StorageCenter, navigate down to Settings in the left Storage Administrator pane, and select Administrator.
- The Administrator panel will open. Within the panel, select the Backup/Restore tab.
- In the Backup/Restore Tab, select Create.
- A dialog box will appear center screen, requesting verification via your AWS credentials. Enter your credentials. Click Create when done.
- A progress bar will appear, notifying you when this step is complete. The backup will be created, defaulting to a name of "DemoPool".
- Next, open the AWS console, and go to Snapshots under Elastic Blockstore in the left Administration pane.
- Confirm that your snapshot has been (or is being) created within the AWS Console.
- Once complete, you have set up Consistent Backup and Restore for AWS.